How can the United Nations better serve humanity’s positive evolution?
Today we conclude our three-part look at the UN by offering some suggestions and questions designed to get us thinking about how this global organization can better be a force for good.
Here are just a few of my thoughts:
- The UN needs to create a compelling vision for our future and work to keep it in our awareness. As I wrote about recently, they could benefit from a “big hairy audacious goal”. An exciting and positive BHAG that we could all buy into would be a great motivator.
- The UN needs to improve its outreach, especially in the United States. My perception is that most information I receive about the UN comes from the UN’s critics. It reminds me of my early days working for Medicare when we did a lousy job of outreach. People’s perceptions were formed by the critics, not those working for the program. It took time and a coordinated outreach program, but we were able to change much of that public perception. The UN could do this too without spending a lot of money.
- All of us need to keep our eyes focused on a positive future. All of us need to consider how the UN can support our attaining it. All of us need to stay educated on the activities and possibilities of the UN and NGOs who support it.
I would love to hear from you… anything I write about is fair game, but here are some questions to stimulate you:
- Do you agree or not that the UN plays a role in humanity’s evolution?
- What do you think the UN can do to move humanity in a positive direction?
- What do you think the United States can do to better support the UN as a change agent?
- What role do you play in moving humanity in a positive direction?
What do you think? I really want to know…
Check out all of Mark Gilbert’s books—available at Amazon. Click here to visit his Author Page. This includes his recent one Our Spiritual Rights and Responsibilities. In this book, he offers what he suggests are the 5 basic rights we all possess by virtue of our being these spiritual beings on planet Earth — and our 2 responsibilities we all hold in relation to one another! Check it out!